Novosibirsk Globus Theater is one of the eldest theaters of Novosibirsk. It was founded in 1930. It has a diverse repertoire of various genres, staging of different directing schools. Novosibirsk Globus Theater is located in its original building, stylized as a sailing ship and built in 1984.
The 4th of April is treated as the date of the theater’s foundation and the beginning of its activity. The first permanent theater in Novosibirsk was opened with the staging of Leonid Makaryev’s play “Timoshka’s mine”. This theater became the first continuer of the Leningrad Youth Theater. The theater troupe consisted of actors and directors of the Leningrad Youth Theater (NF Mikhailov, V. Stratilatov, EG Agaronova and others).